top of page
  • martintownley27

Briton Ferry Llansawel 0-2 Cascade YC: Reds lose on Rainy Day at Llandarcy

Briton Ferry suffered a 2-0 defeat at Llandarcy Academy of Sport. it marks the first League defeat of the season and also see's the Reds drop to second in the Adran South table.

The early moments of the game saw both sides struggle to adapt to the tricky conditions. The Reds were trying to push high up the pitch while Cascade tried to cause problems on the break. Cascade’s game plan to stop the passing game of the Reds working as they frustrated the home side.

Annalise Lewis gave Cascade the lead after 20 minutes with the only goal of the first half.

Ferry came out in the second and pushed as they looked to get back into the game. Megan Kearle moving to a wide position as The Reds looked to exploit the wide areas. Cascade still played on the counter and looked dangerous at times.

Abbie Davies got a second for Cascade after 58 minutes.

Abbie Davies almost broke though the Ferry defence but Brooke Llewellyn came across to cut out the danger.

Laura-May Walkley slide a fine pass though the Cascade defence for Baker, but the flag went up as she went into the box.

Jess Denscombe latched onto a poor clearance from the keeper and went for goal. Her effort was on target but headed off the line by Charli Carroll.

Another ball though the defence found Denscombe in the box, but her shot was saved by Kirsty Lewis.

Megan Kearle tried a shot from outside the box that Lewis just manged to stop with her foot. No Ferry players closing down, so she was able to clear.

Laura-May Walkley’s good run into the box allowed her to find Kearle but, Kearle’s shot went just wide.

Annalise Lewis got onto a loss ball in the box and put a shot past Young.

Bethan Lloyd tried from a free kick out wide but only found the side netting.

Lucy Powell forced a save from Lewis from her free kick from 30 yards. From the resulting corner Ferry worked the ball to Kearle who lifted an effort towards goal, but Lewis got her hand to it.

A good piece of play found Walkley just outside the box who put the ball though to Kearle. Kearle’s close range effort was saved before Walkley’s follow up shot went wide as The Reds pushed for the equaliser.

Half Time: Briton Ferry Llansawel 0-1 Cascade YC

Laura-May Walkley had the first chance of the second half as she cut inside past a defender. She then unleashed a shot that went close going just wide of the post.

Megan Kearle made a run down the left and then cut across the box. She hit a shot at goal, but her effort went wide.

Despite Ferry’s efforts Cascade caught them of them counter to make it two nil. A though ball for Davies to poke past Young.

Ferry claim for a penalty when Megan Kearle’s shot was blocked but despite the protests the ref did not gave it.

Walkley tried from distance, but her effort was straight at the keeper. Moments later Lowri Baker intercepted a pass and hit a shot at goal, but her effort was also straight at the keeper.

A high ball across the pitch found Megan Kearle but her touch took the ball away from her and Lewis collected.

Alice Broadley lifted the ball over the defence and found the run of Jess Denscombe. Denscombe tried to get the ball on target, but Lewis got a foot on the ball to stop it.

Ferry pressured with a series of corners that Cascade were able to stop at the near post. A short corner attempt gave Kearle a chance to shot but it was straight at the keeper.

The Reds keep trying to find a way back into the game but were unable to break down Cascade.

Full Time: Briton Ferry Llansawel 0-2 Cascade YC

Briton Ferry: Courtney Young (G), Laura-May Walkley, Alice Broadley, Fleur Jenkins (Ella Smitham 79), Brooke Llewellyn, Lowri Ridings ©, Lucy Powell, Megan Kearle, Lowri Baker (Manon Thomas 74), Jess Denscombe (Evie Norris 74), Olivia Townsend.

Featured Image: CreativeFK

88 views0 comments


bottom of page